Kickstarter is a platform to raise money to for you make a product that benefits the backers. GoFundMe is a platform to raise money… for you.
Sometimes this is for a legitimate reason– helping someone afford a life-saving surgery, for instance. But other times, it begs the question, “WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR YOU TO BACKPACK THROUGH EUROPE, GERRIT?”
Thus, our newest sketch, “An Honest GoFundMe” video.
“An Honest GoFundMe Video” was featured on:
- Break | This Is What It’d Be Like If Beggers On GoFundMe Were Honest
- Bustle | If GoFundMe Pages Were Honest, They’d Sound A Lot Like This
- Laughing Squid | An Honest GoFundMe Video Showcasing Different Types of Desperate Pleas for Cash
- The Financial Diet | Here’s What An Honest GoFundMe Page Would Actually Say
- Cheezeburger/Failblog | If GoFundMe Campaigns Were Honest
Plus, a cool shoutout from screenwriter Max Landis!
— Max Landis (@Uptomyknees) April 16, 2016
We had a great time making this sketch and did an outtakes video too!
Let the angry comments begin!
Watch On Youtube